[Xen-devel] Re: Need help with fixing the Xen waitqueue feature

On Thu, Nov 10, Olaf Hering wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 09, Andres Lagar-Cavilla wrote:
> > The tools retry as long as IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAPBATCH_V2 is supported. Which
> > it isn't on mainline linux 3.0, 3.1, etc. Which dom0 kernel are you using?
> I'm running SLES11 as dom0. Now thats really odd that there is no ENOENT
> handling in mainline, I will go and check the code.

xen_remap_domain_mfn_range() has to catch -ENOENT returned from
HYPERVISOR_mmu_update() and return it to its callers. Then
drivers/xen/xenfs/privcmd.c:traverse_pages() will do the right thing.
See
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg/rev/0051d294bb60

The granttable part needs more changes, see
http://xenbits.xen.org/hg/linux-2.6.18-xen.hg/rev/7c7efaea8b54

Olaf