Re: [Xen-devel] reg dom0 console

On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 00:59 +0000, Prasad B wrote:
> One question as we work on domU. What is the console infrastructure
> used to connect to domU ? To login into domU and see domU's output.
> From what I gather, "xl" itself is capable of attaching to a domain's
> console and used for IO. So, "xl" is all is needed to talk to domU ?

xl just execs /usr/lib/xen/bin/xenconsole to talk to the console.

xenconsole is just a client for xenconsoled which is the daemon which
actually consumes guest consoles. The source for both is in
tools/console.

My memory is fuzzy but IIRC the toolstack writes the
keys /local/domain/<DOMID>/console/{ring-ref,port} to xenstore which
xenconsoled picks up in order to communicate with the domain. The guest
gets its end of things from the startinfo.

Ian.