Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] KEXEC: allocate crash note buffers at boot time v4

>>> On 01.12.11 at 18:14, Andrew Cooper <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looks good to me now except for one minor thing (below), and the
fact that you still decided to retain the two duplicates of the size
calculation (I'll have to remember to clean this up if you don't, unless
Keir explicitly agrees with the duplication).

>+    /* Try once again to allocate room for the crash notes.  It is just
>possible
>+     * that more space has become available since we last tried.  If space has
>+     * already been allocated, kexec_init_cpu_notes() will return early with
>0.
>+     */
>+    if ( kexec_init_cpu_notes(nr) )
>         return -EINVAL;

The function can fail only with -ENOMEM, so why not return this here?

Jan