Re: [Xen-devel] any exit function in xen that is similar to exit_kernel?

2011/12/1 George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Baozeng <sploving1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I added a hypercall "do_greet" that only prints "Hello world" to do a
>> small experiment. After it prints the "hello world", I would it to
>> exit from Xen and stop current process. For instance:
>> the hypercall is like this:
>> int do_greet(){
>>   pirntk("Hello world\n");
>>   /*then I would it exit from Xen and stop current process that called it.*/
>>   exit_?? //exit(0) does not work.
>> }
>>
>> If a process at the application level calls this hypercall through
>> privcmd file, I would like it kill this process after the hypercall
>> prints "Hello world". Then how to do that?
>
> A process is a guest kernel-level construct.  Xen doesn't know
> anything about processes; it only knows things about VMs.  You can
> easily kill the guest by doing this:
>  domain_crash(current->domain);
>
> If you want the process only to be killed, you have to have the guest
> kernel do it.

Okay. I know. It need first return to the kernel address space. Then
is there any function that can return the kernel address space from
Xen after the hypercall? like this:
 int do_greet(){
    pirntk("Hello world\n");
    /*then I would it exit from Xen to the kernel.*/
    exit_??  // after that CS and EIP should pointer to the kernel
address space.
 }

if there doesnot exiest such function, how can I know which function
switches kernel into  Xen to trigger such hypercall, so that I can
return it by myself. Is it in the entry.S, when int $82 instruction
happen, then the CS and EIP begin to switch point to Xen? thanks

--
     Best Regards,
                                                                 Baozeng Ding