Re: [Xen-devel] Running domU in ring 2

Where is your ring 2 in x86_64 architecture? They killed It!

On 12.12.2011 02:28, Olatunji Ruwase wrote:
Hello,
  I am curious as to whether it is possible/practical to run a PV driver
domain in the x86 protection ring 2 as opposed to ring 1. I m working on
using hardware logging to capture instruction-grained traces of
kernel-mode device drivers. My implementation is based on running Xen 3.3
on Simics simulated hardware. Distinguishing the kernel-mode executions
of the dom0 and domU (driver domain) in the simulation framework will be
easier if the kernels ran in different rings, dom0 in ring 1 and domU in
ring 2.

Thanks,

tunji