Re: [Xen-devel] Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable

Hi Sythrar,

you can't see the output of the passed-through-VGA Card in VNC. At least not
in the qemu-vnc server; The output to that emulated (Cirrus?) Card stops as
soon as  the Driver for the passed-through-VGA Card is loaded within the DomU.
>From that moment on the you can only see the output on a Monitor attached to
the passed-through-VGA Card. VNC is of course possible with the DomU
facilities, i.e. install a VNC Server within DomU and attach a vncviewer to it
- but its not really practical regarding 3D- or Movie Output (at least not
without optimizations to the VNC Server/Client)

But your dream is possible: Buy a VT-D capable Motherboard and a ATI 6xxx
Graphics-Card to pass through and you're good to go!
(Nvidia may also work with some patches, but the newer ATI ones don't need any
patches)

Greetings
Tobias