Re: [Xen-devel] xen 4.0.1 w/2.6.32.47 hangs at boot

2011/12/14 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, but you have a serial console, so you should be able to trigger
> Alt-SysRQ using the serial console. I think it is something like 'send
> break'. You should Google for it thought.

I can successfully trigger Alt-SysRQ using the serial console with a
non xen environment.
But I was not able to trigger Alt-SysRQ with xen using the serial
console.  Probably something related to hvc0?  Would be great to make
it work.

>  I would hazzard a guess that it is something with the 3ware driver.

I moved the box from datacenter to the office.  I did reboot a lot of
times and no issue anymore.
I noticed that when the box was in datacenter, 3ware battery
temperature state flapping from normal to high (there are three
states: normal, high and very high).  Just guessing: if reboot happen
when in high temperature state then it hangs. Probably with a poweroff
battery state resets and this explain why never hang at first boot.
Just a guess... or maybe an electrical contact gone away moving the
box.
Maybe you have a better explanation for this strange behaviour
Thanks