Re: [Xen-devel] ioctl handling in netbsd_privcmd_hypercall()

2012/1/18 Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I was looking at the slightly broken error handling in the new
> xc_mem_paging_load() function and stumbled over the ioctl() handling in
> netbsd_privcmd_hypercall().
>
> Is ioctl() on NetBSD special? I would have expected it returns -1 on
> error and the caller can deal with errno if it actually wants to.
> But instead it returns the negative errno value or what the hypervisor
> returned.

I haven't done this code, so I don't know if there are some hidden
subtleties here, but according to NetBSD ioctl(2) man page[0], it
returns -1 on error and errno is set to indicate the error.

[0] http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?ioctl+.amd64+NetBSD-current