Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Still TODO for 4.2?

>>> Apart from a few small things that I have on my todo list, the only
>>> bigger one (at least from an possible impact perspective) is the
>>> round-up of the closing of the security hole in MSI-X passthrough
>>> (uniformly - i.e. even for Dom0 - disallowing write access to MSI-X
>>> table pages), which I intended to do only once the upstream qemu
>>> patch series also incorporates the respective recent qemu-xen
>>> change.
>>
>> It sounds like this issue is a blocker for the release, whereas the
>> upstream qemu support for pci passthrough is not necessarily. Has your
>> precondition for inclusion been met yet or do we need to prod someone?
>
> Just for reference, below the intended (trivial) change.

As unfortunate as it is - I just found that the security hole is all but
closed, due to xen/arch/x86/hvm/vmsi.c:msixtbl_write() writing
whatever the guest specified into the 3rd word of each MSI-X table
entry. There is also another hypervisor data corrupting flaw in that
code; I'm in the process of putting together a patch, but will (again)
need someone with suitable hardware to test this.

Jan