Re: [Xen-devel] shutdown/migration stop working on paravirt domU

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 01:16:10AM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> 2012/1/18 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> > On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:58:14PM +0400, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
> >> Hello. Today i'm try to research, why most of our vm (pvm) not
> >> shutdown correctly (we use shutdown with timeout, then it arrives we
> >> destroy vm), and write simple test case to check that domU watches
> >
> > Which kernel version of DomU?
>
> 2.6.32.26 from xen git tree and  2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen

First order is to upgrade your kernel and see if the problem exists
with a newer 2.6.32.X tree. then also try 3.0 or 3.1 kernel.

> > Play a bit with xenctx to get an idea where the guest is stuck at.
> >

> Ok, nice. When i need to run xenctx and what i need to see in its output?

<sigh> Google for it. There should be tons of examples of how to use it
to figure out where the guest is stuck at.