Re: [Xen-devel] VGA Passthru HW upgrade

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Pavel MatÄja <pavel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 12:37:45 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 11:38:46 +0000

Hi again,
I made some stupid mistakes in my build. The passthru is working of course.
You can add another working system to Wiki:
MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula (BIOS 1102)
CPU: AMD FX-8150
VGA: ASUS HD7970
Since all 7970s have same BIOS they should all work.

There was just one small problem. I have both HD7970 and HD6850 in computer
right now.
If you want to run Virtual machines with different cards you have to load righ
BIOS for each one.
Because I can't find HD7970 BIOS to download yet I had to make it primary and
copy BIOS from RAM while HD6850 got it from file.
I'll try to write patch which will tell XEN the VGA BIOS location per virtual
server basis.
--
Pavel Mateja