Re: [Xen-devel] improve precopy approach

Hi,

At 01:07 -0800 on 29 Jan (1327799279), Javanshir Farzin wrote:
> Hello
> I am the master student in computer science. My thesis subject in the
> master is improving the pre-copy approach at virtual machine live
> migration. I want to develop this section of XEN. How can I cooperate
> at Xen Development Projects?

Start with the liks at the bottom of this page:
http://www.xen.org/projects/xenhv_devs.html

> I want to access some document about
> XENapproach in memory transfer during live migration.  I survey
> xc_domain_save.c file to understand about some XEN functions, but I
> want to learn more about this. Please help me to achieve more details
> about XEN.

Live migration was described in this 2005 paper:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/papers/2005-nsdi-migration.pdf
You should proabably also read the Remus papers:
http://nss.cs.ubc.ca/remus/

Cheers,

Tim.