Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 11601: tolerable FAIL

Ian Campbell writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 11601: tolerable
FAIL"):
> If you are not amenable to having the harness fallback to xl
> button-press/trigger power automatically how about something like the
> following patch with the proviso that it is up to the harness to ensure
> that a guest is configured appropriately such that ACPI power and reset
> events map to shutdown and reboot respectively?
>
> (patch applies on top of my updated"libxl: remove libxl_button_press in
> favour of libxl_send_trigger" patch from earlier in the week)
> xl: allow enable automatic fallback to ACPI events if PV control not
> available.
>
> Add a -F (fallbacks) option to xl destroy|reboot to cause an ACPI shutdown or
> reset event to be sent to the guest in the event that the guest does not
> support the PV control interface.
>
> This is not the default because the response to these triggers is an
> guest-internal configuration.

I'm happy with this, but then I would have been happy with this being
the default.

Certainly I think this is a good start, so:

Acked-by: Ian Jackson <ian.jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ian.