Re: [Xen-devel] Re-reading domain configs on domain restart

Andy Smith writes ("[Xen-devel] Re-reading domain configs on domain restart"):
> I understand this will never be fixed in xend/xm, but would it be
> possible to have xl re-read the domU's config when the domU
> restarts?

Yes, this would certainly be possible.  Straightforward, even.
There are two questions we need to answer first:

Firstly, how should this be requested ?  I think a command-line option
to xl would do the trick.

Secondly, should we change the default behaviour ?  I'd be inclined
towards "yes" as the current arrangement is really rather perverse,
but I'm open to opinions.

In the longer term, in the spirit of xl, it might be a good idea to
give the user the option of running a hook script when the domain
dies/reboots/etc.  This would simplify a number of things.

Ian.