Re: [Xen-devel] General protection fault in netback

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 07:29:54PM +0300, Anton Samsonov wrote:
> 2012/2/10 Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> AS>> Dom0 is openSUSE 12.1 on AMD64 (Linux 3.1.0-1.2-xen)
> KRW> Do you get the same issue with a pv-ops dom0? So also 3.1, but
> from kernel.org?
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not skilled at compiling the kernel myself. I tried
> building the newest 3.2.6
> with all Xen options (which I could find by "Xen" keyword) enabled,
> but the resulting system
> didn't have netback.ko module at all, barely booted, and xm was not
> able to communicate
> with the hypervisor.

See this wiki page for all the common troubleshooting steps
when xend does not start:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Common_Problems#Starting_xend_fails.3F

About compiling the dom0 kernel, see this wiki page:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps#Configure_kernel_for_dom0_support

Hopefully those help..

-- Pasi