Re: [Xen-devel] Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Re: Patches for VGA-Passthrough XEN 4.2 unstable

Hello, I'm trying vga-passthrough with an nVIDIA card.
I am at the end of the way, I have applied the patches without problems. I
have configured my winxp DomU as follow:

kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'
builder = 'hvm'
memory = '512'
device_model='/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

#Number of CPUâs
vcpus = 1

# Disks
disk = [ 'file:/xen/domains/win01/disk.img,ioemu:hda,w',
'file:/home/WindowsXP-SP2/image.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r' ]

# Hostname
name = 'win01'

# Networking
vif = ['type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0']

#Passthrough
*gfx_passthru=1
pci  = [ '01:00.0' ]*

boot='cd'
*vnc=1
vncviewer=1*
acpi = 1
sdl=0
serial='pty'
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'restart'

I have read that it is not possible to use VNC if I passed-through-VGA Card,
as Tobias says here:

Tobias Geiger wrote

> Hi Sythrar,
>
> you can't see the output of the passed-through-VGA Card in VNC. At least
> not
> in the qemu-vnc server; The output to that emulated (Cirrus?) Card stops
> as
> soon as  the Driver for the passed-through-VGA Card is loaded within the
> DomU.
> From that moment on the you can only see the output on a Monitor attached
> the passed-through-VGA Card. VNC is of course possible with the DomU
> facilities, i.e. install a VNC Server within DomU and attach a vncviewer
> to it
> - but its not really practical regarding 3D- or Movie Output (at least not
> without optimizations to the VNC Server/Client)
>
> Greetings
> Tobias

So I have two probems,
I don't know how to attach a Monitor to the passed-through-VGA Card,
how can I do this in the cfg file?
Should I use another option to disable the cirrus emulated card in the cfg
file?

Could anyone with an nVIDIA card passed-throughed post his config file here?
Thanks you very much to everyone in advance

James.