[Xen-devel] Dom0 with kernel 3.x and nvidia driver

  • To: Xen-Devel ML <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ge@@ru" <geaaru@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:05:34 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:06:48 +0000

Hi,

I have a problem on use nvidia driver inside xen-dom0 kernel, version
3.x (I do test with this version: 3.0.18, 3.1.5, 3.2.5.

Compilation of the driver is done without errors and yet load of the
kernel driver is done correctly, but when I try to start X... I have
first a black screen and then monitor that go on standby status. It
seems that video card doesn't initialize correctly vga port.

I don't think that problem is on xorg server and I don't understand if
problem is on nvidia kernel driver because, same xorg-server, same
kernel image and same nvidia kernel module works fine if kernel is
bootstrap without xen hypervisor.

Could be relative to a wrong configuration on pass-through of the video
card bus from hypervisor to dom0 ? Is it correct speak of pass-through
yet on dom0 or pass-through is only for domU domain?

Same nvidia kernel driver works correctly on dom0 if I use
kernel-2.6.38-xen (gentoo ebuild).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance