Re: [Xen-devel] persistent or "steady-state" style disks

Thanks for that information.

It isn't obvious in the XCP code how this feature is being done and
I'm not wanting to use XCP at this point as it's behind without the
latest hypervisor included.

I actually created a patch where you can can set the temporary flag on
the VHD features footer through vhd-util.
Traditionally in the MS world is used to omdocated that the VHD can be
removed on close.
I'm using it for reset-on-boot where if the flag is set during
_vhd_open it tests the flag and if set will regenerate the snapshot
from the parent VHD.

If anyone is interested in this patch right now I can send it through
as is.  However, I'll submit it properly once I've done a bit
more testing.

Comments are welcome.

Matt