Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-i386-rhel6hvm-amd

>>> On 27.02.12 at 10:32, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 09:03 +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>  or (my
>> preference) the change gets reverted and done backward
>> compatibly without involving __XEN_INTERFACE_VERSION__.
>
> Given that it is blocking the test gate I think reverting it should be
> strongly considered. As for how best to do this properly I have less of
> an opinion.

It's not only the blocking of the test gate: The kind of (unforeseen)
fallout we're having in our own tree should make us ask ourselves
again whether risking to break other people's code (who may have
just followed what we're doing) is worth it. This includes the (bogus
imo, as pointed out before) tying of io/* definitions to particular
__XEN_INTERFACE_VERSION__ values - each I/O interface should
be completely standalone.

Jan