Re: [Xen-devel] [Patch] X86: expose HLE/RTM features to dom0

> - actual use in the hypervisor itself
> - use in Linux (afaict impossible at least for HLE with ticket locks, yet
Jan,
We are working on the first one. I know someone is working on the kernel
side, but I don't know any details.
But HLE should be useful for a lock(not fine grained) for protecting an
in-memory data structure that are actually grasped by different lock holders
to access different data fields(which are non-relevant to each other).
It might not be the cases for Xen hypervisor. We need profile and see.

Shan Haitao