Re: [Xen-devel] Need help with qemu args debug

On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Fantu wrote:

> Stefano Stabellini-3 wrote
> >
> > Try adding videoram=32 to the VM config file, I think the issue is that
> > the default videoram size for QXL is much larger (32MB) than the default
> > videoram size for Cirrus (8MB).
> >

> Already thought and tried, -videoram invalid option, is also missed in
> --help of qemu-system-i386

You don't want any -videoram option to be passed to QEMU, you need
videoram=32 to be in the VM config file only so that XL/libxl can
account for it at domain creation.
If you specify device_model=qemu-xen xl/libxl should be smart enough to
avoid passing a -videoram argument, because the new QEMU cannot parse
it.