Re: [Xen-devel] backport requests for 4.x-testing

>>> On 07.03.12 at 10:18, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> All applied, except:

Thanks. Let's wait for the simple ones to get through the stage test
first before throwing in such that are more involved.

> On 06/03/2012 10:13, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> 24535 (x86/vMSI: miscellaneous fixes)
>
> Applied to 4.1, but does not easily apply to 4.0. You'll need to provide a
> patch against 4.0-testing.
>
>> 24888 (passthrough: release assigned PCI devices earlier during domain
>> shutdown)
>
> This one applied, but I see a bug in the original xen-unstable patch. In
> XEN_DOMCTL_assign_device you break on d->is_dying, but do not put_domain(d).
> You should go fix that in xen-unstable.

24983:f234e34ea28f

>> 24156 (x86/IRQ: prevent vector sharing within IO-APICs, requiring
>>             23900 [kzalloc])
>
> Doesn't easily apply. Need a patch against 4.1-testing.
>
>> 24527 (iommu: Move IOMMU faults handling into softirq for AMD-Vi)
>
> Depends on other xen-unstable patches which refactor AMD IOMMU event
> handling. You'd need to provide a manual backport of this for 4.1-testing.
>
>> 24690 (x86: avoid deadlock after a PCI SERR NMI)
>
> There is no PCI SERR NMI handling in 4.0-testing. It would also need
> backporting.

Oh, sorry, I overlooked that this requires 22949 as prerequisite. But
then again maybe we might just leave it as-is in 4.0 (and have distros
that care, like ours, continue to carry the patches themselves - after
all when providing the list I didn't pick everything we backported
anyway, just those that I considered more of a fix than an
enhancement).

Jan