[Xen-devel] Static analysis: Code weaknesses

Hello All,

I am in the starting stages of research into static code analysis of
Xen (as well as correction/remediation). I noticed  a lot of comments
towards code {sonar, surfer}, coverity, splint, etc in the forums, but
most of the activity was back from the 2006-2008 era. Is anyone active
in this area right now? I don't want to duplicate work and even better
it would be nice to get a group together with a specific common
objective. From a licensing perspective I am not sure how it works yet
as I know some of the commercial tools have very strict contracts on
releasing analysis output. With that said though perhaps others are
using commercial tools already and we could be steered to utilize
similar tools in order to collaborate.

Thoughts?

Jeff