Re: [Xen-devel] quick question re blkback/blkfront w/ Xen 4.1.2

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 04:41:44PM -0800, Steven Noonan wrote:
>> With a PV guest on Xen 4.1.2 (Linux 3.2.2 dom0), I'm noticing that while
>> block I/O is happening the event channel interrupt count in
>> dom0:/proc/interrupts isn't incrementing at all. How can this be?
>
> Hey Steven,
>
> Sorry about late response - was on paternity leave (and is a bit this
> week). I am CC-ing the xen-devel on this.
>
> I tried it and the numbers do seem to increment on my side.
> You were looking at the blkif numbers right? Is this with a 2.6.18 guest
> or a 3.2?

Yeah, I got your message about paternity leave. Congrats! :)

It's a Linux 3.2 dom0 (I believe it's untouched vanilla) and Linux 3.2
domU (Ubuntu 12.04 beta, with 3.2.0-based Ubuntu kernel, PV).

And yes, blkif-backend. It's strange, because I/O seems to happen just
fine (and it's definitely not going through QEMU, since it's a PV
guest and the devices are clearly registered as VBDs), but the
interrupt counts are frozen.