Re: [Xen-devel] [hybrid]: hang in update_wall_time

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:19:23 +0000
"Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your Dom0 hasn't possibly played with the HPET, and Xen at the same
> time is using the HPET as clock source? (Preventing this is rather
> difficult, as the HPET memory space - iirc - is just 1k, so excluding
> Dom0 access to the full page isn't easily possible. Consequently, Xen
> so far has been relying on Dom0 to not get in the way.)

Pretty close. I debugged it finally, and the problem was the hybrid
writing to the HPET while xen was using it. This was happening because
ACPI was not properly initialized, and created a ripple effect where
hpet_virt_address was set. In PV, it's not set and so hpet_late_init()
bails.

Anyways, I fixed it, and now to next one caused by proper
initialization of ACPI... :).

thanks,
Mukesh