Re: [Xen-devel] Ubuntu 11.04 (amd64 and i386) under Xen as PV on HVM guests don't load the PV drivers.

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 21:59 +0100, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> And found out that the i386 does not have PAE built in, so the whole Xen
> subsystem is turned off (oops) - that actually looks like a bug b/c I think
> the PV drivers in HVM mode ought to work in non-PAE mode..

It is possible in theory for them to work but in practice
CONFIG_XEN_PVHVM is rather entangled with CONFIG_XEN (which depends on
PAE). It's mostly a case of refactoring + getting the ifdeffery right,
fiddly but doable.

Ian.