Re: [Xen-devel] Virtualization of the CPU Performance Monitoring Unit

On 04/06/2012 10:41 AM, Lin Ming wrote:
Hi list,

Is anybody working on virtualization of the CPU Performance Monitoring Unit?

There are 2 PMU related projects listed on GSoC 2012 page.
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Archived/GSoC_2012_Ideas

- Virtualization of the CPU Performance Monitoring Unit
- Perf support for Xen

I'm interested on these 2 projects.
Hi Lin,

1. I don't think Xen was accepted as an organization for 2012 GSOC. See http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg02080.html. 2. The PMU project description in the wiki is vague. I know HVM guests support virtualized PMU. Please check vpmu.c files in /hvm, /svm, and /vmx directories. You better ask mentors for details (maybe this is XCP specific?).

-Wei

Regards,
Lin Ming