Re: [Xen-devel] (XEN) Platform timer appears to have unexpectedly wrapped 10 or more times.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 02:33:18PM +0200, Andreas Kinzler wrote:
> I have the same problem. Do you use ntpd? Which version? I suspect
> some link between the problem and ntpd.

But ntpd is still a userland program, shouldn't the kernel exert the
ultimate control over who gets to screw with the system's clock source?

In any case, I did a quick grep of ntpd sources and found references to
RDTSC only in the Windows port, so the link doesn't seem obvious.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.