Re: [Xen-devel] Problem about DOMID_SELF

On Sun, 2012-04-15 at 09:58 +0100, åäæ wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm new on this field. The comment of source code says that
> "DOMID_SELF is used in certain contexts to refer to oneself." Is this
> id the micro returns the same as the id which i can get by xm list?

DOMID_SELF is a magic number used as a placeholder to mean "this
domain", it is interpreted this way by various routines in the
hypervsor, it is not literally the domid of the current domain.

I suggest you grep the Xen source for the definition and use of
DOMID_SELF, all should become clear.

In general domains are not (and do not need to be) aware of their own
domain id.

Ian.