Re: [Xen-devel] [ANNOUNCE] backports for 4.0.4 and 4.1.3 stable releases

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The time has come for another round of stable releases.
>
> Please send (or resend) any outstanding backport requests for 4.0.4 and
> 4.1.3 before Friday 20 April.

I don't know whether can non-commit xen-unstable be considered for
backport so I am trying since deadline is before coming Friday 20
April 2012.

libxl/xend: name tap devices with a xentap prefix

Reference: http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-04/msg01223.html

My backport has a modification as stated in
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-04/msg01374.html
about the line:

vifname = "xen-" + vifname

to:

vifname = "xentap-" + vifname

The backport patch is attached and tested with xen-4.1-testing
changeset 23283:494aa5ecd2e1 using xm and xl.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon