Re: [Xen-devel] Poor performance with Linux 3.x as dom0

On 03.05.2012 10:32, George Dunlap wrote:
Can you apply 7eb7ce4d2e8991aff4ecb71a81949a907ca755ac "xen: correctly
check for pending events when restoring irq flags"[1] and see how much
it helps?
There is some minor improvement - but it is still far away from xenified
2.6.34.10.
Just FYI, the reason Ian suggested making the same comparison for
native is that the performance of linux overall on bare-metal has also
suffered since 2.6.34.  It's likely that a non-trivial amount of the
performance regression is due to moving from 2.6.34 to 3.{2,3}, over
and above whatever regressions may have happened when moving from
xenified to pvops.

I took his suggestion serious - and actually I had performed these tests (see my other post). Unfortunately, the minor loss on bare-metal and the huge loss on xenified 2.6.34 vs pvops 3.x show that the problem is clearly with the Xen changes and not the bare-metal changes.

Regards Andreas