Re: [Xen-devel] vTPM patch does not apply

On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 16:57 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Thu, May 03, Olaf Hering wrote:
>
> > Perhaps I made a mistake somewhere in my queue of changes, or vtpm got
> > disabled for some reason. I will double check.
>
> While preparing the patch I accidently disabled vtpm in my rpm spec
> file, so the code was not exectued anymore.
> Sorry for that.

So should c5b7d49ca3ee be reverted for now? Or are you going to come up
with a fix soon?

> I see some nice patch handing in tools/firmware/etherboot/Makefile,
> which could be copied to tools/vtpm/Makefile. However, this would make
> the make targets updatepatches and orig in tools/vtpm/Makefile obsolete.
> Would that be an acceptable approach to maintain a stack of patches for
> vtpm?

It could be considered for 4.3. I'm not sure we want to be fiddling with
obscure parts of the build system for 4.2 at this stage. Lets just fix
the immediate breakage for 4.2.

Ian.