Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to get QXL vga working / videomem over 4MB issue

Ian Campbell-10 wrote

> (putting Pasi back in the CC, please retain CCs on xen-devel)
>
> On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 09:23 +0100, Fantu wrote:
>> Pasi KÃrkkÃinen wrote
>> > Ok. If you use qemu-upstream and cirrus/stdvga (without qxl), does
>> > videomem >4MB work then ?
>> >
>> No, always 4 mb, also with cirrus or stdvga videoram setting not work.
>
> But with Qemu-xen-traditional it does work?
>
> Anthony -- any idea why the videoram setting doesn't work with upstream
> qemu?

With qemu-xen-traditional videoram setting with stdvga work.
About Spice on qemu-upstream for now we did only basic tests and it seems to
be working but without qxl  limited to 4 mb many of spices features are not
full working.
Qxl vga can be used also without spice and with videoram to 32 or 64 mb I
think can give better graphic performance with hvm domU.
For now is not good even without multimedia use.