Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to get QXL vga working / videomem over 4MB issue

Anthony PERARD-2 wrote

> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@> wrote:
>> Anthony -- any idea why the videoram setting doesn't work with upstream
>> qemu?
>
> Well, the parameter could be pass to qemu qxl, but it's not yet. But
> then, it seams you have to have this value of at least 32MB, otherwise
> the value is increase in qemu.
>
> For cirrus/stdvga, there is no way to pass the parameter to qemu, the
> size in qemu is fixed to 8MB.
>
> --
> Anthony PERARD

I have already tried -global qxl-vga.vram_size for setting more videoram on
qxl but not work,have always 4 mb, also with qemu-upstream unstable, the
default code in qemu should have 64 mb and minimum 16 mb, why and where it
sets 4 mb?
Now I will try also with 1.1-rc0 and seabios 1.7.0.