Re: [Xen-devel] pvops domU guest booting problem - 131GB ok, 132GB not ok.

>>> On 10.05.12 at 17:28, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just started to trying to track down why a pvops 64-bit
> PV guest can't boot with more than 128GB of memory. The issue
> I am seeing is that the module loading subsystem stops working and
> I get this:
>  - it is hitting some page tables that are used by the hypervisor?

No, rather its own page tables. As soon as the initial mappings extends
beyond MODULES_VADDR, you will run into problems if the initial page
tables don't get cleaned up properly. I'd suppose that this is missing
in your code (xen_setup_kernel_pagetable() just blindly copies over
everything).

> Was wondering if you had hit this at some point with SLES guests
> and if there are any ideas of what I should look for ? Thanks!

Yes, we certainly had to fix that.

Jan