Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to get QXL vga working / videomem over 4MB issue

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Geraldes <heliman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anthony PERARD-2 wrote
>>
>> For cirrus/stdvga, there is no way to pass the parameter to qemu, the
>> size in qemu is fixed to 8MB.
>>

> How can you see these 8MB ?

This is just the size of the vram allocated by qemu, I saw this in the code.

> In my tests with cirrus/stdvga, in a Linux guest lspci always report 32M and
> Xorg.0.log report "VideoRAM: 4096 kByte". In a Windows XP/7 guest the Device
> Manager show 32M as well. This is confusing.

It seams that part of the 32MB are used to do other kind of operation
that just accessing to the vram. For the 4MB instead of 8 reported by
Xorg, I don't know. There is probably a reason why Cirrus will report
4 instead of 8.

> Is there a better way to check videoram and videoram usage in a Linux or
> Windows guest?

I don't think so.

--
Anthony PERARD