Re: [Xen-devel] Errors of doing "make install-tools" with xen-4.2-unstable?

2012/5/11 Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, May 11, Bei Guan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I do the "make install-tools" with xen-4.2-unstable, there are some errors
> about "warn_unused_result".
> Is it the error in code or the error in the compiling environment? Thank you so
> much.

I suggest to remove all -Werror from the Makefiles and introduce a
--disable-Werror/--enable-Werror configure option, similar to what
binutils and other projects have (not sure what the exact configure
option name is in those projects).
Thank you so much for your reply too.
It is better to have such as a choice to enable or disable -Werror option. But, now it doesn't have in the configure file.

Thanks,
Bei Guan

Olaf

Best Regards,