Re: [Xen-devel] Errors of doing "make install-tools" with xen-4.2-unstable?

~Keir Fraser writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Errors of doing "make install-tools" with
xen-4.2-unstable?"):
> On 11/05/2012 17:33, "Bei Guan" <gbtju85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 > Yes, I add this option to Makefile. And now it works well. The patch is as
 > the
> > following. Thank you very much.
>
> I'd be worried about more command-line meddling causing even more fallout.
> Particularly because we haven't used that option anywhere else so far, so
> it's untested by us. E.g., do all gcc support -Wno-unused-result?

Checking the manuals (which are all online), gcc 4.0 doesn't support
it.  So no, relevant gccs don't.

However the tools build now uses autoconf.  I would accept a patch
which used autoconf to determine whether gcc accepts
-Wno-unused-result and to supply it in the blktap2 Makefile if it
does.

Ian.