Re: [Xen-devel] ATI ES100 patch

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:22:26PM +0200, eva wrote:
> On 21 May 2012 16:32, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Ian. My fault!! That is not the patch.. the patch is a few lines
> > > below..
> > >
> > > and it's a git repository.. And yes, I haven't applied a patch in ages..
> > >
> > > So to end this issue with my ATI card, how do I apply this patch with git?
> > >
> > > I haven't done it before, and googling it says maybe with "git clone"
> > > or "git apply", but there's no luck with any.. (see attachment)
> > >
> > > Sorry, I forgot to say this is an Ubuntu 12.04, the last one, updated.
> > > Kernel 3.2.
> >
> > What is the ATI problem you have? The vga patch is for VGA "text" mode
> > not for graphical.
> >

> Hello, sorry for the delay. I wanted to do a bit more of a research.
>
> I have tried so many things I can't even remember, but I couldn't make
> work dom0 with Ubuntu 12.04 on this server.
>
> I reported a bug some time ago on launchpad, and I have just updated it
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xen/+bug/903124

You need to attach the full serial console. Here are some
links to help you get that information:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenParavirtOps#I_have_graphics_card_.28DRM.2FTTM.2FKMS.2FXorg.29_related_problems_with_the_pv_ops_dom0_kernel..

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenSerialConsole

> Also I have found it's been reported a bug for the ATI card..
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-ati/+bug/1002562

Which talks about not doing 3D rendering. That is expected
on ATI ES1000 which can't do 3D rendering. It can only do 2D.

But that is not the problem you are describing? In your case the machine
crashes, right?

> It says exactly the same things in the log file of Xorg.
>
> ---
>
> I describe the problem: when loading Ubuntu normally the graphical
> performance is not very good, but it's ok. But when trying to load
> dom0 the GUI completely crashes.

crashes.. In what way? What do you see on the screen? What is in your
serial console? Is the machine still running? Can you SSH in it?