[Xen-devel] The Xenoprof results

Hi, All:
The dom0 kernel is centos5.5, and the Hypervisor is xen-4.1.2. The domU kernel is centos5.5, which is installed through the virt-install command (I think it belongs to HVM).
Then I use xenoprof to collect the cycle, retired instruction number, LLC access number and LLC miss number information when running spec cpu 2006 benchmarks.

I collected data for the whole system, and I only compared the speccpu process. For xenoprof, I use active domain method, and collect data on both dom0 and domU. But only domU has the performance information about speccpu in VM.
Furthermore, there are a 30x difference with regard to the  retired instruction number which are shown in the following. I wonder what is the reason? I think it is due to xen virtulization. Thank you!

PM

Cycles

Insts

MISSES