Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging Dom0 kernel over serial

Thanks everyone for your help.

I tried the suggestion of leaving ttyS1 out of the Xen boot options and using
that. I confirmed that I can echo things back and forth through that connection
from the host OS. I compiled a custom version of gdb to target x86_64-linux-gnu
so I could do remote debugging from the host. No luck. I also tried setting
console=ttyS1 for the dom0 kernel -- same outcome.

Next, using exactly the same settings, I booted the dom0 kernel bare (no Xen
this time) and tried the same thing. This time, it worked. I can connect the
debugger and it breaks as expected. So I'm thinking debugging while running Xen
over serial is a dead end, unless I figure out a way to do it over hvc. I think
for now I'll just use printk.

-- Jim