Re: [Xen-devel] PAE PV guest kernel regression

>>> Andrew Jones <drjones@xxxxxxxxxx> 06/07/12 5:44 PM >>>
>> > In any case, the hypervisor log would be interesting to see. Plus -
>> > is
>> > this perhaps a rather old hypervisor running there (i.e.
>> > potentially
>> > lacking some fix)?
>>
>> I just reproduced this on my own test box, which is running an HV
>> based on older code (it's RHEL 5.8). Even with
>> 'loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all' I didn't get anything logged in
>> 'xm dmesg'.
>
>I don't have an later hypervisor setup for testing, but it'd
>be nice to know if guests work on them. If so, then maybe RHEL5
>and EC2 need to look at Xen c/s 17498 and/or others.

Is it perhaps the really old 3.0.4 based one, and lacking a backport of
14041:b010e556fe2c? In that case the comparison part of the
cmpxchg8b emulation failing would apparently be treated equally to
e.g. a fault having occurred during the emulation (i.e. the original
page fault would get forwarded rather than just EFLAGS.ZF getting
set).

Jan