Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2 TODO / Release Plan

On Wed, 2012-06-20 at 16:40 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > That thread also references
> > <4FABFCF40200007800082CE0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> as something which
> > should be applied to the trad tree too. Has anyone tested that combo?
> >
> > I can see how Ian missed this -- it very much looked like those two
> > patches were for qemu-upstream only to me (from the subject, cc line etc
> > etc).
>
> I didn't think that I needed to formally submit patches that were
> requested to be ported over to -traditional when they already
> went into upstream qemu. If I'm wrong with this, then please let
> me know and I'll submit both patches asap.

This is really for Ian J to say but IMHO the two code bases have
diverged enough that blindly pulling from upstream -> traditional is not
a good idea, so at the least the change needs to be tested in that
context.

Even if we were happy to just pull things in then the mail needs to note
somewhere which tree(s) the patch should be applied to.

Ian.