Re: [Xen-devel] Other PCI devices to mark mark as read-only for dom0

On 22/06/12 10:24, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

>> Are there any others I have overlooked, or reasons that dom0 should be
>> able to write to these areas?
> Make devices specified for pci passthrough be really hidden and "owned" by
> the hyperviso ?
>      - which can in turn delegate ownership to a domain (including dom0)
>      - If a domain is destroyed, the hypervisor resets the device and becomes
> the owner again instead of dom0 ?

Why?

Currently this is covered by unbinding the dom0 driver and binding
pciback to the device.  Well behaved device drivers will not cause problems.

This way, the toolstack has control of which domains own what.

--
Andrew Cooper - Dom0 Kernel Engineer, Citrix XenServer
T: +44 (0)1223 225 900, http://www.citrix.com