[Xen-devel] [HYBRID]: XEN_EMULATE_PREFIX in user process

Hi,

Booting latest upstream pv linux as dom0, I noticed dm_mapper, user
level process, is running with XEN_EMULATE_PREFIX cpuid. I am
wondering if the prefix is statically put there, or how its put there?

For hybrid, the hvm container traps cpuid, so we don't need to prefix
cpuid. Less code if I don't have to worry about trapping the invalid
op. There seems places where the cpuid is run without the xen prefix in
user mode.

BTW, for cpuid vmexit, if kernel mode I call pv_cpuid, if user mode, I
just return cpuid values, as that's what would happen without the HVM
container.

thanks,
Mukesh