Re: [Xen-devel] Is Xen affected by this?

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 18:05 -0400, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This one is a very old issue:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/kvm/msg39173.html
>
> The patch hasn't been applied in (traditional) qemu-xen, even the
> unstable version.

Thanks, I've had a look and this file is not compiled in the Xen
qemu-xen-traditional tree (i.e. we don't use it).

In a fully built tree I have:
        ijc@hastur:qemu-xen-traditional-dir$ find -name \*exec\*.[co]
        ./exec.c
        ./migration-exec.c
        ./migration-exec.o
        ./cpu-exec.c
        ./i386-dm/exec-dm.c
        ./i386-dm/exec-dm.o

Furthermore exec.o is listed in i386-dm/hookslib.mak:BAD_LIBOBJS which
is the list of files to filter from $(LIBOBJS) when building for Xen.

Lastly to be triply sure I "rm exec.c" and did:
        make -C tools subdir-all-qemu-xen-traditional-dir
There were no errors.

Ian.