Re: [Xen-devel] Backport requests of cs 23420..23423 for 4.0 and 4.1

On 19/07/2012 16:11, "Ian Jackson" <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Keir Fraser writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Backport requests of cs 23420..23423 for
> 4.0 and 4.1"):
>> On 13/07/2012 07:08, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I would like to request to include these changesets in 4.0 and
>>> 4.1. The backport is quite trivial, I can send patches if you are
>>> willing to take them.
>>
>> Will need an Ack from George and then patches applied by (or at least an Ack
>> from) a tools maintainer.
>
> Thanks for replying Keir, but I'm rather queasy about this.
>
> These patches have not been in any released version of Xen and are
> fairly substantial.  I would say that we should not backport anything
> that isn't a critical bugfix which hasn't been sitting in a released
> version of Xen for a while; and a new feature ought to be considered
> very carefully.

They have been in use in Citrix XenServer for a while. However, this is
still late in stable point-release cycle to drop these in. It might make
sense to have them in 4.2.0 for a while, and then reconsider for backport
for 4.1.4 (I think you are probably right to nack for the 4.0 branch).

 -- Keir