Re: [Xen-devel] Regression in kernel 3.5 as Dom0 regarding PCI Passthrough?!

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 02:30:00PM +0200, Tobias Geiger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> i notice a serious regression with 3.5 as Dom0 kernel (3.4 was rock
> stable):
>
> 1st: only the GPU PCI Passthrough works, the PCI USB Controller is
> not recognized within the DomU (HVM Win7 64)
> Dom0 cmdline is:
> ro root=LABEL=dom0root
> xen-pciback.hide=(08:00.0)(08:00.1)(00:1d.0)(00:1d.1)(00:1d.2)(00:1d.7)
> security=apparmor noirqdebug nouveau.msi=1
>
> Only 8:00.0 and 8:00.1 get passed through without problems, all the
> USB Controller IDs are not correctly passed through and get a
> exclamation mark within the win7 device manager ("could not be
> started").

Ok, but they do get passed in though? As in, QEMU sees them.
If you boot a Live Ubuntu/Fedora CD within the guest with the PCI
passed in devices do you see them? Meaning lspci shows them?

Is the lspci -vvv output in dom0 different from 3.4 vs 3.5?

> 2nd: After DomU shutdown , Dom0 panics (100% reproducable) - sorry
> that i have no full stacktrace, all i have is a "screenshot" which i
> uploaded here:
> http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/img20120724235921.jpg/

Ugh, that looks like somebody removed a large chunk of a pagetable.

Hmm. Are you using dom0_mem=max parameter? If not, can you try
that and also disable ballooning in the xm/xl config file pls?