Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel crash with acpi_processor, cpu_idle and intel_idle =y

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:57:01PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > So.. in that case make sure you have XEN_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y and
> > "CONFIG_INTEL_IDLE is not set" and that should do it.
>
> Didn't he say that with INTEL_IDLE disabled things work (perhaps
> in a limited way, but at least don't crash)? My understanding is
> that things should work even with it enabled, and I was under the
> impression that you had already taken care of disabling cpuidle
> and cpufreq in the kernel when running on Xen...

So did I - both of those (cpufreq and cpuidle) are disabled.

Mark, any chance you can collect the serial output when it crashes please?
Actually, can you get the whole bootup log with 'loglevel=8 debug' on the Linux
command line?