[Xen-devel] domain communication info

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kerti Csaba <csocskos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 13:20:37 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:21:43 +0000

Dear Xen mail-list members!

I would like to get some information about the communication of the guest
domains and the dom0. I found some old info (at the time of Xen v3.0), but I’m
not sure that they are still correct?

a.)     How can I catch the event, when the domain0 forward a message to the
guest domains?

As far as I know this can reachable form the netback (netback.c) driver of the
domain0. Is the event can be catchable/observable at the net_rx_action().

b.)     How can I catch the event of an incoming messages to domain0 (from the
outer world)?

As I saw this can be observable form the send_quest_virq() of the
event_channel.c. I saw a solution when the implementation filtered for the port
12 (when port==12). What does it mean when the port == 12 ?

c.)     How can I catch the event of the outgoing messages from a guest domain?

As far as I know this information can be reachable from the
network_start_xmit() function of the netfront.c (netrfont driver of the guest
OS).

So I like to ask that this bench of information are still valid in the actual
version(v4.1.2) ?

Thank you
Csaba